This fresh and flavor-filled oriental tuna steak recipe will delight not only your taste buds but also your mind and body. This dinner recipe is not only light but highly nutritious. It can be enjoyed as a pick me up after a long exhausting day at work, or even used to impress that special someone on date night.
Proportion size will yield 1 serving of oriental tuna steak with spinach and avocado salad
Nutritional information per serving size of 1 oriental tuna steak and spinach avocado salad
Calories: 430 . Total Fat: 21 g . Saturated Fat: 4 g . Trans Fat: 0 g . Cholesterol: 65 mg . Sodium: 255 mg . Carbohydrates: 5 g . Fiber: 2 g . Sugars: 2 g . Protein: 41 g
- 1 pieces of tuna steak (roughly 170 grams)
- a touch of salt and pepper
- 45 mL. extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 mL soy sauce
- 15 grams freshly minced ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves garlic
- 25 grams chopped cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- 15 grams sugar
- half of an avocado (sliced)
- 800 grams spinach
Directions for making Oriental Tuna Steak with Spinach and Avocado Salad
- Start by seasoning both sides of the tuna with pepper and salt to taste
- While you let the tuna rest, mix together in a bowl 30 mL of olive oil, the ginger, soy sauce, cilantro lime juice and the sugar
- One the concoction is made marinate the tuna in it for about 1.5 – 2h. Keep it in the fridge while marinating
- Once the tuna has finished marinating, we will continue to cook the spinach. Take the rest of the olive oil and add it to a pot, toss in the spinach and wilt on a small heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once the spinach has wilted remove it from the heat and set it aside to rest.
- You can cook the tuna in a frying pan or on a grill, cook on both sides on medium heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Keep it nice and rare in the middle, of course, you can cook it all the way through but I would feel bad for that wonderful fish.
- Reduce the left-over marinade on a medium fire, should take about 2 minutes.
- Place the cooked tuna on a plate of spinach, top it off with the reduced marinade and slices of avocado.
If you enjoyed this oriental tuna steak recipe and would like to pair it with a light and delicious dessert, we recommend taking a look at our Strawberry Cheesecake Cloud recipe.
If you would like more details on the subject or if you have any questions, objections, hateful comments or highly deserved praises to offer please do not hesitate to leave a comment.
Also, if you have a product that you would like me to review and research, I gladly welcome the challenge.
Be The First to Read our Newest Articles