This is a simple Mediterranean salmon dish, that is not only extremely easy to make, but also very beneficial for your health. The ingredients are easy to work with, and very accessible. You can find everything at your local market.
For those who have not used bulgur in their cooking before, it is basically cracked wheat. It has a great texture and flavor, very satisfying and a healthier alternative to other carbs such as rice. It also cooks a lot faster than other grains.
Ingredient proportions will yield 4 servings of Mediterranean Salmon with Bulgur
Nutritional information per Serving Size: 1 salmon filet and 75 grams bulgur with broccoli
Calories: 308 Total Fat: 10 g . Saturated Fat: 1 g . Trans Fat: 0 g . Cholesterol: 69 mg . Sodium: 327 mg . Carbohydrates: 28 g . Dietary Fiber: 7 g . Sugars: 0 g . Protein: 29 g
- 15 ml olive oil
- 5 grams Italian seasoning
- A pinch sea salt
- A pinch of pepper
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 4 x 150 gram salmon filets
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 200 grams bulgur wheat (medium grind)
- 75 grams broccoli florets, finely chopped
- *optional : a few slices of sun dried tomatoe
Directions for making Mediterranean Salmon
- First step is to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius
- Take a small boil and stir the Italian seasoning, pepper, salt in with the olive oil and lemon juice. Once the concoction is fluidly combined, coat the salmon with it. Put the salmon in a tray lined with baking sheet. Roast the salmon for about 12 to 15 minutes, until well cooked.
- In the meantime, you boil the vegetable stock. Once it starts to boil, add a dust of salt as well as the bulgur and broccoli. You cover the pot with a tight lid, turn off the heat and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Place a filet of cooked salmon on top of the bulgur and broccoli and top it off with a few slices of sun-dried tomatoe
And voila, a healthy and elegant Mediterranean salmon dinner for you to enjoy at any occasion.
If you would like more details on the subject or if you have any questions, objections, hateful comments or highly deserved praises to offer please do not hesitate to leave a comment.
Also if you have a product that you would like me to review and research, I gladly welcome the challenge.
Be The First to Read our Newest Articles