I present to you, a healthy version of express chicken noodle soup. By getting a rotisserie chicken we save time and a lot of headaches, but of course if you want to cook the chicken yourself, you are free to do so. In this recipe I advise you to use stock that has been lightly salted, or if possible with no added salt. We want the flavor to come from the chicken and spices, and not be overpowered by anything. Of course, the healthiest option would be to use home-made stock. But we work with what we have.
Ingredient proportions yield: 8-10 servings of Express Chicken Noodle Soup
Nutrient information per Serving Size: 200 ml
Calories: 174 . Total Fat: 3.6 g . Saturated Fat: 1.0 g . Trans Fat: 0 g . Cholesterol: 47 mg . Sodium: 78 mg . Carbohydrates: 16.7 g . Dietary Fiber 2.4 g . Sugars:1.2 g . Protein:18.3 g
- 15 ml olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 medium celery stalks (sliced)
- 1 medium white onion, (sliced and diced)
- 1 liter lightly salted or home-made chicken stock
- A pinch of black pepper
- 5 grams garlic powder (or 2 crushed small cloves)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 200 grams whole wheat egg noodles
- 20 grams of freshly minced parsley
Directions for making Express Chicken Noodle Soup
- Heat the olive old over medium heat in a big pot. Add the chopped vegetables and saute until the onions in the mix soften, it takes about 4 minutes.
- While the vegetables are sizzling, it is time to strip the meat of the chicken. Keep half of the skin you remove from the bird. Try to get as much of the meat off the bones as possible. You don’t need any of the bones or fat you find.
- Going back to the pot filled with vegetables. Once you have confirmed that the onion is nice and soft add in the chicken stock, garlic, pepper and dill weed. Leave it to simmer over a medium heat for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Next we add the chicken meat and skin, and noodles. Let it simmer until a foam forms on top of the concoction (about 10 minutes or so). After the 10 minutes are up, take out the skin that you have added and remove the foam that has former with a spoon..
- Taste and see if you need to add any salt or pepper. It should be salty enough, but it all depends on one’s taste here. Last but not least, add the minced parsley and stir.
There you go, easy and delicious express chicken noodle soup. It’ll warm your body and soul.
If you would like more details on the subject or if you have any questions, objections, hateful comments or highly deserved praises to offer please do not hesitate to leave a comment.
Also if you have a product that you would like me to review and research, I gladly welcome the challenge.
Be The First to Read our Newest Articles